RST’s Inclinometer Casing is engineered to be assembled quickly and accurately for long and short term monitoring in the most adverse field conditions. RST Inclinometer Casing is suited to be installed in boreholes, embankments, piles, set into concrete or attached to structures. It’s compatible with all commercially available inclinometer probes, including RST’s MEMS Digital Inclinometer Probe. RST manufactures Inclinometer Casing with precision CNC technology.
The casing serves as an access tube to guide a MEMS-based inclinometer probe in the two orthogonal directions of measurement. Changes in the output of the probe caused by the deformation of the casing, is proportional to the sine of the angle of inclination of the long sensor axis from vertical. These displacements are incrementally summed to provide profiles of total displacement versus depth.
RST Instruments manufactures two sizes of Inclinometer Casing, with two integral coupling styles, to provide alignment and displacement measurements in numerous applications.
- High precision, machined guide grooves.
- Low spiral ≤0.005 Rad/3 m(≤0.3 deg./10 ft.)
- Meets or exceeds all applicable standards.
- Compatible with all commercial probe types and in-place inclinometer sensors.
- Self aligning, water and grout tight couplings.
- Integral coupling reduces assembly induced spiral by 50% over conventional separate coupling methods.
- Easy assembly.
- 70 mm (2.75 in.) and 85 mm (3.34 in.) OD sizes.
- Compatible with inductance, reed switch, magnetic, or mechanical settlement monitoring devices.
- Snap Seal and Glue & Snap integral flush couplings that minimize field installation time.
- Low temperature, impact and corrosion resistant ABS plastic.
- External key provides visual and tactile confirmation of proper installation.
- Landslides and slope stability.
- Subsidence control.
- Under large storage tanks.
- Embankment and dam stability.
- Bridge pier, abutments deflection.
- Areas next to large excavations.
View PDF Datasheet below. Some browsers do not support this function, you can Download Here.