The Casagrande Standpipe Piezometer is mainly used for measurement of water pressures in ground where the time lag and high displacement requirements inherent in standpipes are not crucial, and where the presence of standpipes will not hinder construction. A bubbler system may be incorporated to allow remote reading; Bourdon tube gauges may be attached to monitor artesian pressures.
Drive-in models and custom sizes are also available, contact RST Instruments for more details.
- The flush body design, permits a 33% larger filter area than 0.75 in. externally coupled instruments, while maintaining the same outside diameter.
- A unique two step internal bushing, will accept either 0.5 in. or 0.75 in. riser pipes while the body will accept a 1.0 in. coupling. The same tip, therefore, will fit all three common sizes of risers.
- The large number of uniform pores permits high permeability in a short length.
- Smooth and protected filter element resists clogging.
- Uniform 70 micron porosity.
- May be cleaned by back flushing.
- Excellent chemical resistance.
- Low cost, with same day delivery.
- Monitoring of pore pressures in dams and embankments.
- Slope stability investigation and leachate extraction.
- Groundwater sampling, monitoring, dewatering and drainage operations.
View PDF Datasheet below. Some browsers do not support this function, you can Download Here.