Fully grouted installation permits multiple piezometers to be simply and reliably installed in a single borehole. The piezometer string and grout pipe are placed in the borehole and cement-bentonite grout is pumped until the borehole is filled.
Multi-point Piezometer Strings allow for multiple Vibrating Wire Piezometers to be connected on a single cable. This facilitates the installation of fully grouted multiple piezometers. The single cable prevents vertical void channels. Tough urethane jacketed, Kevlar® reinforced, non-stretch cable is employed to withstand the rigors of installation and is entirely water-blocked to minimize any leakage. No conductors are shared to maximize independent reliability of each sensor.
RST Vibrating Wire Piezometers provide excellent long-term accuracy, stability of readings and reli- ability under demanding geotechnical conditions. Vibrating Wire Piezometers are the electrical piezometers of choice as the frequency output of vibrating wire devices is immune to external electrical noise, and able to tolerate wet wiring common in geotechnical applications.
- No inter-zone leakage.
- Straightforward installation.
- Field proven reliability and accuracy.
- Will tolerate wet wiring common in geotechncial applications.
- Immune from external electrical noise.
- Signal transmission of several kilometers.
- Cable lengths may be changed without affecting the calibration.
- Thermistor for temperature measurement is standard.
- Negligible displacement of pore water during the measurement process.
- Hermetically sealed, stainless steel construction.
- Heavy case to minimize reading errors caused by overburden pressure.
- Data logger compatible.
- Integral lightning protection.
- Ideal when more than one piezometer reading is needed at various depths – at the same location.
Assessing performance and investigating stability of:– earth fill dams & embankments– slope stability
Monitoring of:– pressures behind retaining walls and diaphragm walls– pore pressures during fill or excavation– pore pressure in land reclamation applications
View PDF Datasheet below. Some browsers do not support this function, you can Download Here.