The instrument consists of a vibrating wire displacement sensor encased in a sealed body. The body contains a telescopic outer PVC pipe fitted with two flanges and an inner stainless steel rod. One end of the rod is attached to the flange, while its other end is connected to a displacement sensor attached to the other flange.
As deformation occurs, the telescopic pipe moves with the soil causing the rod to operate the displacement sensor. Displacement is measured by RST portable readout unit or a data logger. The initial reading of the instrument is used as a datum. Subsequent readings are compared to the datum to calculate the magnitude, rate, and acceleration of movement.
The standard length of the instrument is 1 m, and it can be extended to accommodate project requirements. The flexible design allows implementation of different configurations with various stroke and gauge lengths. The instrument can be chained together in series to monitor the incremental deformation across of structure to be monitored.
A stainless steel option is also available.
- Easy installation and maintenance.
- Suitable for remote reading and data logging.
- Vibrating wire displacement sensor assures long term stability.
- Very robust and accurate.
- Accuracy not affected by cable length.
- Wide measuring range.
- Integral lightning protection provided.
- Monitor lateral and longitudinal deformation of soil and different types of embankments and embankment dams.
View PDF Datasheet below. Some browsers do not support this function, you can Download Here.