The Geonor H-60 hand-held vane tester is a fully professional instrument for preliminary FVST investigations. Each unit is delivered with its individual calibration certificate. The authentic Geonor H-60 was originally developed in 1966 by the Norwegian Geotechnical Institute (NGI). It has since been constantly improved by Geonor in co-operation with NGI and is used today in over 60 countries throughout the world.
Beware of low quality copies of the original Geonor H-60.
- Preliminary field investigation of undrained shear strength of soft to stiff clays
- Quick and easy to use, low weight
- Direct manual boring down to 3 meters
- Measurement range from 0 to 200 kPa
- Delivered with calibration certificate
- The Geonor H-60 consists of three exchangeable vanes, extended by 0.5 m rods.
- The instrument covers three ranges of measurement, 0-50, 0-100, 0-200 kPa, depending on the size of vane used: 16 x 32 mm, 20 x 40 mm or 25.4 x 50.8 mm.
- The peak value is determined by means of the scale-ring, which has to be turned back to zero position before each measurement. The instrument is sufficiently rugged to be used as a handle during penetration and retraction of the vane. To correct for the skin friction of the extension rods, dummy tests are performed with the rods only.).
View PDF Datasheet below. Some browsers do not support this function, you can Download Here.