The Geonor H-70 Field Inspection Vane Tester was originally developed in Norway for the special task of preliminary investigations in soft clays without preboring. It is a comparatively low-cost, still fully professional instrument. The Geonor H-70 allows for safe vane boring down to 10 meters by simple hammering, drilling or pressing. It is a lightweight instrument that can be carried by a single person. But most of all, its unique 180 degrees “anti-friction” slip coupling system always ascertains the real friction between rods and soil. The vane itself is made of a high-quality stainless steel.
- Preliminary field investigation of undrained shear strength of soft to medium stiff clays
- Better evaluation of rod-soil frictions with the Geonor 180 degrees slip-coupling system
- Direct penetration to 10 meters, without need for preboring
- Two vane sizes. Measurement range from 0 to 80 kPa and 0 to 160 kPa
- Installation: sledge hammer, portable rock drill or pressed down
- Instrument accuracy: +/- 3% of full range
- Two sizes of vanes: range of measurement from 0 to 80 kPa (0-8 T/m2) and 0 to 160 kPa (0-16 T/m2)
View PDF Datasheet below. Some browsers do not support this function, you can Download Here.