The Lufft WS100 is our rain sensor with radar technology and adjustable heating. Using a 24-GHz Doppler radar, it measures the speed of all forms of condensed water. These include rain, freezing rain, hail, snow and sleet.
The low-energy sensor detects precipitation from the first drop. Its possible uses are nearly unlimited. Whether in hydrology and water management, agricultural and environmental science, building automation, meteorology or airport and traffic control: the rain gauge measures rain almost anywhere in the world.
Absolutely maintenance-free and low-energy 24-hour operation
- Maintenance-free operation through ingenious technology without any moving parts
- Energy-saving sensor thanks to the improved ECO mode (0.4 VA)
- Extended heating capacity allows operation in summer as well as in winter
- Improved heating power with lower power consumption: Sensor heating integrated directly on the dome wall, power consumption with 9 VA heating.
- Very long service life and high operational reliability due to high quality components
Every second counts: Precise precipitation measurement from the first drop
- Extremely fast measurement from the first raindrop
- Detection of precipitation and rainfall (rain, freezing rain, hail, snow and sleet)
- Detection of drop size (0.3 to 5 mm)
- Differentiation between 11 classifications of drop sizes
- Sensor provides rain intensity with higher resolution starting from 0.01 mm
- Improved measurement accuracy thanks to patented self-developed radar module
Precision sensor with radar technology designed for all industrial needs
- Precipitation sensor with radar technology: 24GHz Doppler radar
- Applications: weather critical operations and operation ffficiency – traffic, rail, renewables, building management, air quality
- Particularly suitable for places or areas which are difficult to access due to being maintenance-free
- No maintenance or calibration, no additional hidden costs
Designed for all common data loggers and data acquisition systems
- Multiple and simultaneous interfaces for data output and communication
- SDI-12 and RS-485 Modbus for reliable data transmission
- Rain/precipitation quantity, rain/precipitation type (Rain, snow, sleet, freezing rain, hail)
- 24GHz Doppler radar
- Very fast response time, maintenance-free measurement, present weather detection
- RS-485 semi-duplex two-wire, SDI-12, pulse interface / UMB protocol, Modbus
- 8367.U03, 8367.U04, 8367.U05
You can download the datasheet for the Radar Precipitation Sensor / Smart Disdrometer directly Here.